In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (“GDPR”) this policy is crafted in ‘plain English’ and serves as SmartGig Media’s GDPR Data Collection and Processing Notice (“Data Use Notice”).
This Policy applies to individuals who provide personal data and personal information via visiting SmartGig Media’s websites (“Visitors”), registering to use the Services (“Customers”), and registering to attend SmartGig Media’s events (“Attendees”). “Personal data” and “personal information”, as used herein, means data, including data about individuals in European Union member countries and the United Kingdom (“EU Persons”), that is within the scope of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679, that is received by SmartGig Media, including in the United States of America from the European Union, and recorded in any form.
Residents of the European Union who wish to exercise their Data Subject Access Rights can do so by accessing our DSAR Portal.
- Information Collected
How we collect and store information depends on the websites you visit, the activities in which you participate, and the Services you use. You can use some of the Services without providing any information, although several categories of information are automatically collected from you when you use the Services, as described below.
- Information You Provide
When expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about the Services or registering to use the Services, SmartGig Media requires you to provide personal data, such as name, company name, address, phone number, and email address (“Required Contact Information”). When purchasing the Services, SmartGig Media may require you to provide financial qualification and billing information, such as, but not limited to, billing name and address, birth year, credit card number, and the total number of employees within the organization that will be using the Services (“Billing Information”). SmartGig Media may also ask you to provide certain optional additional information, such as, but not limited to industry type, purchase authority, job description (“Optional Information”). Required Contact Information, Billing Information, and Optional Information are referred to collectively as “Data About Customers” in the case of Customers, “Data About Visitors” in the case of Visitors, and “Data About Attendees” in the case of Attendees. Pursuant to this Policy, “Data About Customers”, “Data About Visitors”, and “Data About Attendees” may include personal data.
- Automatically-Collected Information
SmartGig Media may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices that are used to access the Services, including mobile devices, through commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons (“Website Navigational Information”). Website Navigational Information includes standard information from your browser or device (such as browser/device type and language), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on SmartGig Media’s websites, such as the pages viewed and the links clicked. We may also collect and analyze information such as: (i) location information (as described in the next section below), unique device identifiers and other information about your mobile phone or other mobile device(s), browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Services; and (ii) information related to the ways in which you interact with the Services, such as referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services, error logs, and other similar information. As described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
- Location Information
We may use information about your location to customize the Services with location-based information, advertising, features, or to determine regulatory applicability. If you access the Services through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this.
- Information from Others
We may obtain information about you from third parties, such as marketers, partners, researchers, and others. If you access the Services through a third-party connection or log-in, you authorize SmartGig Media to collect, store, and use, in accordance with this Policy, any and all information available to SmartGig Media through the third-party interface. Should you choose to voluntarily disclose information through the Services, such as on message boards, third parties can view publicly and collect that information without our knowledge and such disclosure may result in unsolicited messages from other individuals or third parties.
- Aggregate or De-Identified Data
We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected by the Services or other means so that the information is not intended to identify you. This Policy does not restrict our use or disclosure of aggregated and/or de-identified information.Cookies
- SmartGig Media uses Billing Information solely to check financial qualifications and collect payment from prospective Customers and Attendees.
- SmartGig Media uses Website Navigational Information to operate and improve SmartGig Media ’s websites, to protect SmartGig Media and third parties, for security, and to prevent fraud and violation of SmartGig Media’s applicable agreements. SmartGig Media may also use Website Navigational Information alone or in combination with Data About Customers and Data About Visitors to provide personalized information about SmartGig Media.
- SmartGig Media’s Customers may electronically submit data or information to the Services for hosting purposes. SmartGig Media will not review, share, distribute, or reference any such data except as provided in an agreement between SmartGig Media and Customer, or as may be required by law.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may disclose to and/or share your information with affiliated and non-affiliated third parties in the following circumstances.
- Consent: If you consent to the disclosure, we may do so.
- Service Providers:For business purposes, we may provide access to your information to select third parties who perform services for us such as billing, sales, marketing, advertising, market research, fulfillment, data storage, transfer, analysis and processing, analytics, participation in a contest or sweepstakes, and legal services. If a third party is not required to perform contracted services, such as marketing, market research, and others, you can opt-in or opt-out by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other Third Parties:From time to time, SmartGig Media may partner with other companies to jointly offer products or services. If you purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly offered product or service from SmartGig Media, SmartGig Media may share Data About Customers collected in connection with your purchase or expression of interest with our joint promotion partner(s). Please note, at that point our business partner’s use of the information will be in accordance with their own privacy policies. If you do not want your information to be shared in this manner, you may email email@example.com and request for your information to be removed from jointly offered services.
- Data About Attendees:SmartGig Media does not share Data About Attendees with business partners unless: (i) you specifically opt in to such sharing via an event registration form; or (ii) you attend a SmartGig Media event and have your attendee badge scanned by a business partner. If you choose to share your information with business partners in the manners described above, your information will be subject to the business partners’ respective privacy policies. If you do not want your information to be shared, or wish to stop sharing, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org request that your information be removed from business partner sharing.
- Protection of SmartGig Media and Others: We may disclose any of your information to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce any agreements that you entered into with us; (iii) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer service; and/or (v) the extent necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by the third party or parties to whom the data are disclosed, except where such interests are overridden by the interests for fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subjects. We may also disclose information to law enforcement agencies in emergency circumstances, where the disclosure of such information is consistent with the types of emergency disclosures permitted or required by law.
Business Transfers: We reserve the right to disclose and transfer all of your information, including, without limitation, your Contact Information, Billing Information, or Optional Information, to a successor (or potential successor) company in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of all, or components, of our business, or in connection with due diligence associated with associated with any such transaction.